Pages

Friday, September 19, 2014

First Date Makeup Ideas & Tips


First dates are very scary and quite nerve wrecking. There are so many things that come to mind when preparing for a date; what to wear? should I wear makeup? what if my breath stinks? Before clothes, makeup, and breath mints, what is important is acting like yourself, be who you are. Usually its takes about five dates or so to be an expert, no not an expert, but you'll definitely know what not to do. I am no expert but from experience and stories from others, I'll share some of my tips for dating and makeup tips.

dating tips
#1 Be yourself. Relaxxxx. Don't think too much about it.
#2 Dress accordingly to the where the date is taking place. If you no place is planned or it's a surprise then go with casual and definitely spice it up with jewelry or pop of color clothing or whatever you like.
#3 I don't know if this is true, but I'm sure there is some type of connection between nervousness and breath and food, well obviously food and breath. On the day of the date, stay away from stinky foods like seafood, garlic, and onion. Even though you take breath mints after, the aroma of whatever that is digesting in your stomach will still come out through you mouth.
#4 I had to add the perfume/cologne rule. Don't wear so much that you can the guy out from a mile.
#5 Smiling always works, guys melt seeing a smile :)
#6 Dead-end convos and awkward silence are the worst. So asking open ended question always keeps the flow smooth. And that way the opposite person can ask questions or comment back.

makeup tips
#1 Guys always complain about makeup, always, they might not admit it but they still do. So the best is to keep it simple and minimal.
#2 Stick to natural shades of eyeshadow, such as champagnes, browns, mauves, etc.
#3 In my opinion I would stay away from lashes unless they are absolutely necessary.
#4 Stick to a neutral lip color such as nudes (not dead concealer nude), pinks, and corals. Red or darker shades will be kind of intense. All the other person will be thinking is, "How do I kiss her without getting lipstick on me?)
#5 Sticky lipgloss- no.
#6 Blush/contour/highlighter. Most guys don't even know what that is. All they would think is wow her skin looks nice, not even knowing the magic of makeup.
#7 You might know or you might not know, but guys are very visual! They will notice everything, nails, toenails, stains, crooked eyeliner, basically everything, so be prepared!

I think I pretty much summed the most important points that matter. But like I said before, being yourself is the most important thing for both of you. And it's more about spending some fun quality time with each other. If you are going on your first date, I hope you guys really enjoy yourself. If you haven't dated in a long time and are nervous, don't worry it will be fun. And don't forget to SMILE :)

Oh and check out my first date makeup tut on youtube!!!!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment